To: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 07:13:59 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Poll response data

Klaus,

There _is_ a well defined mechanism to determine all of the transfer details
you've described.  Look at the definition of the <transfer> command's
"query" operation.  You're suggesting that this exact same info be described
and required for return via a polled message?

I don't have a problem with enhancing the description of the <poll> command
to note that the format of transfer notices as described in the current text
is a required feature (are there any others?), but I don't think it makes
any sense at all to push the transfer details in a polled message.  As
things are defined right now, a polled message goes away once received and
acknowledged by the client.  With a transfer query operation the details can
be retrieved at any time, including after the operation has been completed.

<Scott/>

Home | Date list | Subject list