To: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 15:31:40 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Poll response data

Dan,

Echoing what Rick said, I believe that the types of informational messages
that should be made available via a <poll> are a matter of registry policy,
so that's why there isn't a detailed description of the messages that may be
supported.  I also believe that some situations should be relayed to a
client via messages that can be polled, and others should be relayed to a
client via offline reporting.  Those situations that require timely client
protocol action, such as any object transfer or upcoming object expiration,
should be relayed to the client via the polling mechanism.  Purely
informational notices that don't have temporal factors may be better left to
some kind of registry reporting service.

I'm sure I can make the text more clear to make this intent more obvious.

<Scott/>

Home | Date list | Subject list