To: Daniel Manley <dmanley@tucows.com>
cc: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Rick H Wesson <wessorh@ar.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:20:44 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Poll response data

Dan,

IMHO the resData should be opaque so that registries can define what
the returned objects look like. Much of that a poll request could return
MAY have alot to do with registry policy, and as such should be flexable
for whatever a registry wishes to push at their channel.

-rick

 On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Daniel Manley wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> Perhaps this is answered in your latest documents.  If so, please
> forgive me -- I'll take a look soon.
>
> In the drafts I've seen so far, the specification for the poll response
> data is pretty lite.  Is it the spec's responsibility to define all the
> possible resData bits than can be returned in a Poll.  I've seen an XML
> sample that showed domain:transfer.  Would there also be
> contact:transfer?  How about domain:renew if the registry has
> automatically renewed a domain that was about to expired.  How about
> domain:delete, if the domain is not being auto-renewed and will be
> deleted.  Would a domain:delete response be accompanied by a sequence of
> host:delete's where the action is cascaded to children objects?
>
> Dan

Home | Date list | Subject list