To: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Daniel Manley <dmanley@tucows.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 15:08:25 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Poll response data

Hi Scott,

Perhaps this is answered in your latest documents.  If so, please
forgive me -- I'll take a look soon.

In the drafts I've seen so far, the specification for the poll response
data is pretty lite.  Is it the spec's responsibility to define all the
possible resData bits than can be returned in a Poll.  I've seen an XML
sample that showed domain:transfer.  Would there also be
contact:transfer?  How about domain:renew if the registry has
automatically renewed a domain that was about to expired.  How about
domain:delete, if the domain is not being auto-renewed and will be
deleted.  Would a domain:delete response be accompanied by a sequence of
host:delete's where the action is cascaded to children objects?

Dan

Home | Date list | Subject list