To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
cc: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se'" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, brunner@nic-naa.net
From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 09:22:35 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-provreg-epp-02.txt

Scott,

> You may want to consider defining application/epp+xml in an appendix,
> based on the template of RFC 3023.

Yup. The appendix to rfc3023 is sufficient motivation.

> You want to change the use of SHALL to MUST.

Uhh ... We need to check each one.

> Also, this phrase "raw Unicode character sets" should be changed to "and
> UTF-16".  Note that based on the new specification of UTF-32, raw
> Unicode character sets has a basically undefined meaning.  It probably
> is a good policy to limit exchanges to UTF-8.

Yup. UTF-8 it is.

> Finally, it would be nice to have an introductory section describing the
> problem space that EPP is attacking and a quick overview of its purpose.
> For example, see section 1.1 of RFC 2960.

Yup. I'll put one (extension) in my child-of-xrp (beep, push, privacy) drafts,
that I _really_ hope to post this week. Someone should do the core (tcp, poll)
draft.

Eric

Home | Date list | Subject list