Cc: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@tucows.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 01:56:36 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Epp - Contacts

> could you provide a use case for the utility of many addresses. If
> registrars use these addresses for verification shich one should be chosen
> so send corispondance if they all have an equal weight.

If my perception of Rick's implication is correct, I think I agree ;)

As a registrar, I need one authoritative address, not 1 or 3 or 7 or 2
(depending on philosophy ;) maybe addresses...

In my mind, this request seems to cross the subtle, thin line between
technical requisites and social niceties. While I completely appreciate your
etiquette, it appears, at first blush, to make my life hellish from a
registrar operations POV.

In other words, this appears to be dealt with easily by a) the application
or b) registrant responsibility - but certainly not the protocol.

-rwr

Home | Date list | Subject list