To: Patrick Greenwell <patrick@stealthgeeks.net>
Cc: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Dave Crocker <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 10:22:46 -0700
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Privacy state/context

Patrick,

I'm not entirely following your query.  Could you elaborate?

(Pure hypotheticals are fine.  We can distinguish between your general
query and your giving a detailed hypothetical that is only for pedagogy,
not intended as a real proposal.)

I would just like to better understand what kind of thing you have in mind.

Thanks.

d/

At 09:47 AM 4/7/2001, Patrick Greenwell wrote:
>I do have a question/comment: would the concept of state be appropriate
>with social information as it is with certain other objects, say in the
>case where privacy of information is desired and a higher-layered protocol
>would take that state information(privacy lock or somesuch) into account?

Dave Crocker   <mailto:dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg InternetWorking   <http://www.brandenburg.com>
tel: +1.408.246.8253;   fax: +1.408.273.6464

Home | Date list | Subject list