To: Christopher Ambler <cambler-ietf@iodesign.com>
cc: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: Mats Dufberg <dufberg@nic-se.se>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 22:51:24 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Nameserver MUST HAVE IP

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Christopher Ambler wrote:

> >From a practical standpoint, yes, we can, in a way. When we build our .Web
> zone, we do an SOA check on the name servers given. If the check fails such
> that there aren't 2 valid name servers that both resolve and answer with
> authority, the name doesn't go in the zone.

For SE we have similar requirements, but say that the end up with

foo.se.     NS  ns.foo.se.
foo.se.     NS  ns2.foo.nu.
ns.foo.se.  A   192.0.2.30

foo.nu.     NS  ns.foo.nu.
foo.nu.     NS  ns2.foo.se.
ns.foo.nu.  A   192.0.2.30

then you have lost all redundancy! Both delegations are dependen on one
server.

Mats

Mats Dufberg                                     +46-8-545 857 06
dufberg@nic-se.se                           fax: +46-8-545 857 29

Home | Date list | Subject list