To: "'Peter Eisenhauer'" <eisenhauer@schlund.de>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 09:33:57 -0400
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Nameserver MUST HAVE IP

Could you provide an example of such a model and how it works?  I agree that
it's not necessary for _all_ name servers to be registered with an address
or addresses (such as when dealing with a name server from a
non-authoritative TLD; the requirements deal with this situation), but I'd
like to understand if you're suggesting that it should be OK to allow
registration of ns1.foo.tld without addresses in the .tld registry, and what
the .tld registry does with such a server.

<Scott/>

Home | Date list | Subject list