To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Peter Eisenhauer <eisenhauer@schlund.de>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 16:07:09 +0200
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Nameserver MUST HAVE IP

See my previous posting with the example.

So name servers in the registry with "real" glue records (don't like the term
either) must be registered with ip addresses, the others could be handled like
name server outside the registry.

Then of course there must be checks, if the "glue" condition is valid if a
nameserver is registered or if a domain is updated...

I think the "Nameserver MUST be registered with ip address" is just too strong
for a generic requirement.

On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 09:33:57AM -0400, Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:
> [...]

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,
Peter Eisenhauer

--
Peter Eisenhauer                        Schlund + Partner AG
Erbprinzenstrasse 4-12                  Tel: 0721/91374-0

Home | Date list | Subject list