To: "'Bill Manning '" <bmanning@isi.edu>
Cc: "'ietf-provreg@cafax.se '" <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, "'hartmans@mit.edu '" <hartmans@mit.edu>
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 10:50:52 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: security in draft-ietf-provreg-epp-0.txt

I suspect that negotiation failures in lower layered protocols should be
managed and contained in the layer(s) at which they occur.  If a fatal error
occurs in a lower layer, the provreg base protocol layer shouldn't be
instantiated.  Thus, if it is instantiated it can assume that all lower
layer processing has been completed successfully.

<Scott/>