To: william.tan@i-dns.net (William Tan)
Cc: bmanning@isi.edu (Bill Manning), ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Bill Manning <bmanning@isi.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 13:11:01 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Unique handle generation

%
% > Yup... Thats pretty much my take as well.
% > #1 has not worked well
% > #2 is ... operationally challenging ... :)
% > #3 might be the most fun to work on.
%
% I'm for the idea of uuid-like hashes.  Readability has to be sacrificed, I
% don't see any way out.  However, handles may be hidden from the end users,
% so it might not be an issue after all.
%
%
% wil.

	See Michaels comments wrt hashing.  It would be "reasonable"
	to consider composite handles being hashed.

--
--bill

Home | Date list | Subject list