To: shollenbeck@verisign.com (Hollenbeck, Scott)
Cc: ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Bill Manning <bmanning@isi.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:48:21 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Unique handle generation

%
% Bill,
%
% I'm not sure I understand the point you're trying to make in the context of
% admin repository changes over time.
%
% What happens to your example handle if the admin function is one day moved
% from ARIN to some other administrative entity (call it !ARIN for the sake of
% argument), but the person and prefix remain constant?  Does the handle
% remain WM110-ARIN, or must it change to WM110-!ARIN?

	The legecy composite  WM110-ARIN remains
	If -I- chose to do business w/ !ARIN, then !ARIN may
	create the composite WM110-!ARIN.  If !ARIN wishes
	to create the composite anyway, they -MUST- use my
	handle, WM110, not create something else.. like BM14
	or WM73.

%
% <Scott/>
%