To: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "James Seng/Personal" <James@Seng.cc>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 22:28:17 +0800
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: draft-hollenbeck-grrp-reqs-06 [Was Re: Interim Meeting]

Well, when you face with a problem like this such as

a) Mass changing of IP of Nameservers
b) Consistency of Name servers
c) Delete of parent Domain Name
etc

Rather than publishing the design (ie nameserver object + name object
and their relationship), you could specify the problem and make that as
a requirement.

In this case, this requirement

  [10] All registrars MUST be authorized to register objects in the
  registry.  Name server registration MUST be limited to the registrar
  of the name server's parent domain.  Unauthorized attempts to register
  a name server in a parent domain administered by another registrar
  MUST be explicitly rejected.

would become

  [10] The Protocol MUST be able to track changes in nameservers across
  all domain names which is associated with it. No nameserver data
  SHOULD exist in the registry if the parent domain names has cease to
  exist.

-James Seng