To: "Patrick" <patrick@gandi.net>, "Urs Eppenberger" <urs.eppenberger@switch.ch>
Cc: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: "James Seng/Personal" <James@Seng.cc>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 22:28:57 +0800
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: draft-hollenbeck-grrp-reqs-06 [Was Re: Interim Meeting]

objects may have kind of "ownership". Who has the right to say who
owns what object and how it is been used? By associating with parent
object may be one a good idea but it does not really work when the child
object may have multiple parent object (as in this case of nameserver
object).

IMHO, authentication are needed for each different objects for different
purposes (read, write, reference etc). irregardless whether you refer to
domain names, nameservers, contact etc. each of them probably have very
funny relationship and ownership.

No, this is not a requirement. It is a design approach to the same
problem.

-James Seng

> I'm sorry, maybe because i'm not English, but I do not understand
> this.
>
> The problem remains in my POV : if someone claims to ``own'' a
> nameserver, how do you authentify that claim ?
> You do a reverse lookup on the name, and obtain an IP. And then ?
> How do you know it is correct or not ?
>
> Sorry for asking, I just do not understand.
> But it is true that the hostname can be the key. Still we need
> attributes attached to it I think.
>
> Patrick.

Home | Date list | Subject list