To: <ross@tucows.com>, "George Belotsky" <george@register.com>, Patrik Fältström <paf@cisco.com>, "Paul George" <pgeorge@saraf.com>
Cc: <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, <ietf-whois@imc.org>
From: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@tucows.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:56:14 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Merging RRP and Whois

Unfortunately, that didn't make as much sense as I thought it did...

What I was trying get at was the there are a number of RRP/EPP
implementations that are/will be exclusively private in nature. It *can* be
a public implementation, but currently, I know of none. Whois on the other
hand is mostly used in a public manner. There are private implementations,
but again, most are public. Anyways, my point is that merging the two will
lead to a point where one or the other must become more public or more
private in nature. In some of the implementations that we manage this would
be a good thing, in others, it would be a bad thing. I for one would prefer
to keep things a little bit simpler than what this arrangement implies....