To: Marcel Schneider <schneider@switch.ch>
Cc: "Paul George" <pgeorge@saraf.com>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 14:52:50 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Charter last call summary

Marcel,

Keep in mind that this is "just" the charter.  This sets the scope of work
of the group.  Omitting the detail that one entity may be both a registrar
and registry (or any other pair or triple) is acceptable.

As far as terms used in the charter, e.g., registrar, it is acceptable to
think of the words as they are used in common usage.  The terminology
thread may dive deeper into the details of the meanings but such detail
will likely have no impact on the charter.

Given that all the other comments are positive, I plan to send the charter
on within the next 2-3 hours (end of my business day).

Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: lewis@tislabs.com

Dilbert is an optimist.

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.

Home | Date list | Subject list