To: "'Herbert Vitzthum'" <herbert@vitzthum.at>, ietf-provreg@cafax.se
From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 07:28:32 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: RE: Object Registration

I think we've already covered changes to the draft to deal with expiration
date (or no expiration date), but I disagree completely that requirements
3.4-[4] - 3.4-[10] are policy focused.  I don't think we can get away from
requiring the protocol to support name server and contact provisioning,
though 3.4-[9] will be removed in the next revision.  The name server
requirements in particular exist because of DNS-driven considerations.  If
you disagree with some of the specific text that's in those requirements,
please suggest alternative wording.

</Scott>

protocol. The rfc for smtp also does not consider the content of an email.

> Best Regards
>
> Herbert

Home | Date list | Subject list