To: Olafur Gudmundsson <ogud@ogud.com>
Cc: Havard Eidnes <he@runit.no>, <dnssec@cafax.se>, <sra@hactrn.net>
From: Jakob Schlyter <jakob@crt.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:52:27 +0200 (CEST)
Delivery-Date: Thu Apr 26 21:53:57 2001
Sender: owner-dnssec@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Keys at apex problem - New PUBKEY RR?

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Olafur Gudmundsson wrote:

> SRV allows you to move certain data to any RANDOM place in the name space.

SRV allows you to specify the location of a service, not a KEY. if we
would choose to use SRV with some magic to specify the location of a key
of a service, I think we would be far out. SRV(_ssh._tcp.example.com.)
should be used to specify to which machine(s) and which port(s) you should
connect to in order to communicate using ssh over tcp with example.com.
reusing this naming for KEY is another story.

/Jakob

--
Jakob Schlyter <jakob@crt.se>                Network Analyst
Phone:  +46 31 701 42 13, +46 70 595 07 94   Carlstedt Research & Technology

Home | Date list | Subject list