To: ogud@ogud.com
Cc: dnssec@cafax.se, sra@hactrn.net
From: Havard Eidnes <he@runit.no>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:40:17 +0200
Delivery-Date: Thu Apr 26 21:53:56 2001
Sender: owner-dnssec@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Keys at apex problem - New PUBKEY RR?

> SRV allows you to move certain data to any RANDOM place in the
> name space.

Uhm, if I understand correctly, the name of the SRV record itself is
set by the SRV record standard, and is, for any given application
predictable.

While it is true that the SRV record may in turn point to another
record in the DNS where the A record of the (e.g. SSH) server is
located is, I think, beside the point; noone forces you to point
to "any random place", and it's quite legal to point back at the
"original name" which the SRV record name is derived from.

Regards,

- Håvard

Home | Date list | Subject list