To: Yasuhiro Orange Morishita / $B?92yasuhiro@jprs.co.jp>
Cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: JINMEI Tatuya / $B?@L@C#:H(B <jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:35:44 +0900
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: morishita-dnsop-misbehavior-against-aaaa

>> draft-morishita-dnsop-misbehavior-against-aaaa-00.txt
>> a WG document.  This is a very important issue to cover.
>>
>> Agreement/objections?

> Thank you for your comment. I'm glad to read this.
> I agree of course.

> Jinmei-san, do we update the draft according to the current situation?

I don't have an objection to making our draft as a wg document, and
yes, I'm willing to work on updating the draft if necessary.

Before doing this, however, I'd like to be sure about several points.

- what's the goal of this draft as a wg document?  An informational
  RFC (whether a separate document or a part of another doc)?  Though
  I believe our draft provides useful information, I'm not sure if the
  goal is the publication as an RFC (I'm just wondering, not making an
  objection to the publication).  If we are *not* going to publish the
  document, I don't see the strong need for revising the draft as a wg
  doc.

- if we are going to publish the document, we should remove concrete
  domain names and particular implementations, as Rob pointed out.
  (BTW: we, the authors, thought it might not be appropriate to
  describe live examples even in an I-D.  However, we finally decided
  to do so for this particular issue since otherwise the value of the
  document would be reduced much).

- when we revise the draft, either as an individual or a wg doc, we'll
  probably need to change the title to a more general one for the
  reason that Ohta-san and Rob pointed out (I thought Pekka already
  pointed this out when he first made comments on the document).  The
  wording of the draft will also need to be adjusted accordingly.

- because of the previous point, I don't think this document should be
  merged into the ipv6-dns-issues draft.  It may be a part of other
  document talking about general misbehavior issues, such as
  draft-ietf-dnsop-bad-dns-res-01.  I don't have a particular opinion
  on this, but in any event, I guess it's better to revise our draft
  (if necessary) separately at the moment.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp