To: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Rob Austein <sra+dnsop@hactrn.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:27:10 -0500
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: morishita-dnsop-misbehavior-against-aaaa

<hat=wg-co-chair>

  I've heard several requests to make this a wg doc, no opposition,
  and the authors appear to be willing to continue work on the doc.

  Any objections to taking this work on in the wg?

</hat>

<hat=just-another-bozo-on-this-bus>

  There are several directions in which this work could go.

  - Merge into the ipv6-dns-issues draft.

  - Expand into a "bad name server behaviors we have seen" doc, sort
    of the counterpart to the bad-dns-res draft.  As Ohta-san points
    out, much of what this draft discusses isn't really specific to
    IPv6 (except perhaps in the sense that some of the bad nameserver
    behavior is triggered by AAAA queries rather than A queries).

  - Continue in present form as a stand-alone document.

  In any case, I suspect that we should not be publishing the names of
  specific culprits in an archival document series.  Publishing a
  description of the bugs is ok.

</hat>