To: teemu.savolainen@nokia.com
Cc: yasuhiro@nttv6.jp, jim@rfc1035.com, dnsop@cafax.se
From: Alain Durand <Alain.Durand@Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 17:06:26 -0800
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: DNS discovery

teemu.savolainen@nokia.com wrote:

>Please correct me if I misunderstood your comment. The desire to spare one packet exchange was based on the fact that the host has to wait idle until packet exchange completes. Thus that idle time, when good transmission capability is not used at all, postpones start, and completion, of the actual communication the host wishes to do (presumed that the host needs DNS to start communication).

So if I understand you correctly, you are concerned about a 100ms delay
that will happen when the phone is initially turn on (setting up a pdp
context)
that could be used to send real traffic?

But if you do, say, a VoIP communication, the remote phone as to ring,
probably several times, that that would take much more than those 100ms,
maybe
10 to 20 seconds...

So I'm having even more trouble undertanding what you're trying to
achieve here...

    - Alain.