To: Markus Stumpf <maex-lists-dns-ietf-dnsop@Space.Net>
cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Dean Anderson <dean@av8.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 17:02:24 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: RR DNS and spam

Just like that. POP finally found a use, though.

Historical note, I don't think it was dialin that got POP going, it was
client server computing and PC's that made POP attractive.  I remember
trying to get users with unix workstations to use POP. We had to use a
program called snarfmail. Snarfmail was a pop client that put mail in
/usr/spool/mail, as though it had been received by sendmail, where Unix
mail and mh could pick it up.

		--Dean