To: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Markus Stumpf <maex-lists-dns-ietf-dnsop@Space.Net>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 23:23:43 +0200
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: RR DNS and spam

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 04:06:44PM -0500, Dean Anderson wrote:
> Ah, you mean RFC 2476. 2476 is a _proposed_ standard. Since it hasn't
> moved since 1998, I think it is a _dead_ proposed standard.  It is just
> another in a list of gratuitous changes that are shown by experience to be
> a waste of time and effort, as their proponents tilt at windmills trying
> to invent a protocol which can't be subjected to abuse and will prevent
> human behavior.

Yeah, just like POP (3) which was invented in Oktober 1984 and was
"dead" for 10 years until "suddenly" with the rush of dialin users
it became a desperately needed protocol to access mailboxes.

Or like FSP which's principle was reinvented by P2P.

	\Maex

--
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299