To: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Kenneth Porter <shiva@sewingwitch.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:19:35 -0800
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: "local" zones

--On Tuesday, March 18, 2003 06:30:16 PM -0800 Jim Reid
<Jim.Reid@nominum.com> wrote:

> it's common to confuse the DNS protocol with "what BIND does", this is
> a mistake. DNS protocol design shouldn't be predicated on what BIND
> can and can't do.

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that. It's just that BIND is so ubiquitous
(it comes with the major Linux distros) that implementing automatic bogon
trapping with it seems like a natural objective.

(DNS protocol might be better described as "what dig does". ;) )