To: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
Cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 04:18:37 +1000
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Radical Surgery proposal: stop doing reverse for IPv6.

Let me get this right. You are saying that inherently, because its a top-down
hierarchical model, various security models are using it to find the KEY to
perform subsequent validation on the end-to-end trust.

So, for well behaved delegations, you assert it has real value for real work.

And this work (HIP, HIP6) is likely to have wider adoption in other WG as
well (ie multihoming)

Is that it? Because if so, that needs much bigger prominence in the DNS
activity, so we don't go on assuming nobody cares about this stuff. And, it is
going to need to be put into other ops forums, that lack of reverse management
is impeding other work.

-George

 On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:07:52 -0800 Michael Richardson
<mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca> wrote:

George Michaelson       |  APNIC
Email: ggm@apnic.net    |  PO Box 2131 Milton QLD 4064
Phone: +61 7 3367 0490  |  Australia