To: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Kevin C Miller <kevinm@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 19:36:45 -0800
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: "local" zones

I support the idea of recursive server implementations providing automatic
means of trapping .local and other zones.

However I'd like two modes to be considered: trapping the zone on the
server, but also forwarding queries for these zones to specific other
servers. This provides the ability to create consistent views of
.local/other space in a specific organization.

For reference, here's the page where we tell people on our campus what to
do, so that we have a consistent .local view:
http://www.net.cmu.edu/docs/services/ip/local-dns.html

-Kevin