To: "J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey@club-internet.fr>
Cc: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>, Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>, pbernhard@cube.de, dnsop@cafax.se
From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 02:39:37 +0200
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: anycast

At 2:40 PM +0200 2002/10/24, J-F C. (Jefsey)  Morfin wrote:

>  I thank you for this comment. We are at organization phase until
>  the year end. I proposed our cooperation since this is the kind of
>  support we want to provide. Our target is to only to offer a
>  turrn-key comprhensive test bed (machines, support, test users,
>  test name spaces, monitors, etc.) to DNS related experiments and
>  international name space related efforts. We want to be neutral to
>  the carried studies a part from the operational aspects of having
>  parallel roots systems collecting data in parallel, mutually
>  monitoring their operations and offering compartive test results.

	Interesting.  Have you talked to the folks at ISC, Nominum, Men &
Mice, Stiching NLnet, and ISDN?  I think each of these groups might
be interested in such an organization.

>  Did you find discrepancies with the internic ftp file?

	Actually, I didn't think to check.  I will do that before my talk.

>>Note that I am going to be addressing this topic in my invited talk
>>  at LISA 2002.
>
>  Where is that?

	LISA 2002 is in Philadelphia Pennsylvania (US) this year.  If you
can't make it there, I am currently discussing the possibility of
bringing this same presentation to RIPE in January (with some
additional testing results).

	I'll also be at BSDCon Europe 2002, the week after LISA.

>  Are you in Brussels? I plan being there on Nov 22 for a presentation
>  at the Haute Ecole?

	I do live in Brussels, but I work for a Dutch consulting company,
and I am currently spending four hours a day, four days a week,
driving up to a customer site near Eindhoven.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@skynet.be>