To: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc: pbernhard@cube.de, dnsop@cafax.se
From: "J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey@club-internet.fr>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 01:56:49 +0200
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: anycast

On 20:50 22/10/02, Randy Bush said:
>smb made what seems like a good suggestion for how to prudently
>deploy anycast root and gtld servers prior to dnssec deployment.
>
>an isp runs one or more anycast slaves for root and/or gtld servers
>within their autonomous system and filters out other announcements
>of that address at their border.  just plain don't let it into your
>igp.  think of it as a degenerate case of the massey nanog paper.
>
>the question then becomes how to acquire an authentic copy of the
>root and gtld zone files on a regular basis.  this may be as much
>of a layer nine pain as a layer four one.
>
>randy

project http://dot-root.com does not plan to be fully ready for a few weeks.

If we could be of help we would certainly be happy to support this.
We have tested for more than 18 months to get the root file updated.

We would need help in getting gTLD zone files: our purpose is to be purely
experiemental but one of the root is to serve as a reference and a support
for ccTLDs and Govs and is to a strict copy of the ICANN data (it currently
supports the corect IPs for all the German, Autrian and Greek Name severs).

jfc