To: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
Cc: Mohsen.Souissi@nic.fr, dnsop@cafax.se, namedroppers@ops.ietf.org, ngtrans@sunroof.eng.sun.com, ipng@sunroof.eng.sun.com, vladimir.ksinant@6wind.com, rfc1886@nic.fr, g6@g6.asso.fr
From: JINMEI Tatuya / $B?@L@C#:H(B <jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 19:44:17 +0900
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: RFC 1886 Interop Tests & Results

>> the co-existence of ip6.int and ip6.arpa tree will require us to:
>> query ip6.arpa;
>> if (no record)
>> query ip6.int;
>> for backward compatibility.  was it taken into account, or did you
>> test just "ip6.arpa" lookups?

> 	I checked the source code for BIND 9.2.1, and IIRC it checks
> ip6.int first and then ip6.arpa second.  This allows us to stand up
> ip6.arpa whenever, and then once that is set, we can tear down
> ip6.int.

What exactly do you mean by BIND 9.2.1?

1. the resolver library under lib/bind
2. the resolver routine in lwresd
3. both 1 and 2
4. others

In my understanding (I've quickly checked the code again, too), both 1
and 2 only tries ip6.arpa with bitstring labels.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp