To: Ed Sawicki <ed@alcpress.com>, Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc: dnsop@cafax.se, namedroppers@ops.ietf.org, ngtrans@sunroof.eng.sun.com, ipng@sunroof.eng.sun.com
From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 23:17:57 +0200
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: (ngtrans) Re: RFC 1886 Interop Tests & Results

At 12:23 PM -0700 2002/07/16, Ed Sawicki wrote:

>  Yes, but isn't there value in knowing who the implementors are so
>  we can gauge what skill levels are required to produce interoperable
>  implementations?

	Indeed.

	Moreover, if you are someone looking to actually use products
such as the ones under test, it would be a benefit to know which
products worked and which ones didn't, or which ones had what
problems in what environments, so that you would have a better idea
as to what products might be suitable for use in your own environment.

	IMO, tests like this without full disclosure are meaningless.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@skynet.be>