To: Mohsen Souissi <Mohsen.Souissi@nic.fr>, dnsop@cafax.se, namedroppers@ops.ietf.org, ngtrans@sunroof.eng.sun.com, ipng@sunroof.eng.sun.com
Cc: vladimir ksinant <vladimir.ksinant@6wind.com>, RFC1886 Interop tests <rfc1886@nic.fr>, g6@g6.asso.fr
From: Danny Mayer <mayer@gis.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 21:22:15 -0400
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: RFC 1886 Interop Tests & Results

At 07:25 AM 7/14/02, Mohsen Souissi wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Upon request from Alain Durand (Co-Chair of ngtrans wg) and Olafur
>Gudmundsson (Co-chair of dnsext wg), 6WIND, AFNIC, France Telecom R&D
>and IRISA (as members of G6) organized RFC1886 interop tests in last
>June-July 2002.
>
>Three well-known server implementations and 2 resolver implementations
>were used.
>
>The results are :
>- 2 server implementations are fully interoperable as defined in RFC1886
>(section 2 and section 3).
>- The two resolvers have identical behaviors and are correct.
>- A third server is partially in conformity with RFC 1886: it does not
>perform correctly additional section processing (section 3 of RFC1886)
>for MX, SRV, NS and SOA .
>
>The description and results of the tests are now online:
>
>IPv4 : http://www.6wind.com/RFC1886/testRFC1886.html
>IPv6 : http://www.ipv6.6wind.com/standard/testRFC1886.html
>
>All comments/questions (which may be sent to rfc1886@nic.fr) will be welcome.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mohsen (for RFC1886 Interop tests team).
>
>P.S. I apologize beforehand for possible multiple copies.

Two comments:
1) The data is most peculiar since nowhere that I could find are X, Y and Z
identified.  If they are somewhere I couldn't find it. Is there a reason to
keep
them obscured?

2) dig 8.3 is available for Windows XP. Just pick up the BIND8.3.3Tools.zip
kit from the ISC Web site.  You need dig.exe and libbind.dll in the same
place or libbind.dll in the PATH. It's better to use the same tool for all
tests.

Danny

Home | Date list | Subject list