To: JINMEI Tatuya / $B?@L@C#:H(B <jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
cc: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>, ipng@sunroof.eng.sun.com, dnsop@cafax.se, ngtrans@sunroof.eng.sun.com
From: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 22:22:01 +1000
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: (ngtrans) Re: reverse delegation under ip6.arpa.?

> As for the registry side transition, I have another question.  I saw
> delegations for 2001:0200::/24 to APNIC.  What is the current status
> about 3ffe::/16?  Is there a plan to delegate ip6.arpa. sub domains
> for that block?
>
> 					JINMEI, Tatuya
> 					Communication Platform Lab.
> 					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
> 					jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp

Like all the RIR, I have created stub ip6.arpa space for the APNIC
allocation. If you would like to 'clone' any ip6.int records you may
manage, I would be happy to assist.

Maybe we can trial what should be the procedure?

(I was reluctant to simply copy all existing ip6.int records over, because
 of the volume of lame delegations which would result. I was hoping there
 might be an 'early adopter' out there who can also do codemods to make
 the reverse lookup do the right thing.)

Please contact me off-list so we can progress this, and maybe bring something
more substantive back to the list(s)?

I will be at IETF-52, I am happy to discuss this kind of operational issue
if it helps people progress.

cheers
	-George
--