To: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc: ipng@sunroof.eng.sun.com, dnsop@cafax.se, ngtrans@sunroof.eng.sun.com
From: JINMEI Tatuya / $B?@L@C#:H(B <jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 12:31:38 +0900
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: (ngtrans) Re: reverse delegation under ip6.arpa.?

> agreed.  but the pain is minimal.  note that, initially, the content of
> ip6.arpa is directly that of ip6.int.  in fact, one could have the same
> zone file pointed to by both names.  the big pain in the transition is
> that of the registries, whois, etc.  and they've been working on this
> for some months.

As for the registry side transition, I have another question.  I saw
delegations for 2001:0200::/24 to APNIC.  What is the current status
about 3ffe::/16?  Is there a plan to delegate ip6.arpa. sub domains
for that block?

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.