To: dnsop@cafax.se
From: Zefram <zefram@fysh.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 16:26:07 +0100
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-main-sane-tld-00.txt

I wrote an I-D raising a DNS-related issue:

Internet-Drafts@ietf.org wrote:
>	Filename	: draft-main-sane-tld-00.txt
>This memo examines practical problems in the use of the ICANN generic
>top-level domains, in particular that they fail to provide a stable
>namespace that is required by some protocols.  The practical problems
>are traced to underlying problems in domain name allocation policy in
>those domains.  Possible solutions to the problem are discussed,
>including the possibility of a new top-level domain to be managed in
>accordance with IANA assigned-numbers principles.

This doesn't seem to fall precisely within the charter of any current
IETF WG, though dnsop seems the closest.  Is the dnsop list an appropriate
place to discuss this matter?

Whether it is discussed here or not, no doubt many dnsop denizens will
have opinions on this I-D, and I'd appreciate commentary from people
working in this area.  I'll respond to comments sent either to the dnsop
list or directly to me.

-zefram

Home | Date list | Subject list