To: Alain Durand <alain.durand@sun.com>
Cc: namedroppers@ops.ietf.org, dnsop@cafax.se
From: itojun@iijlab.net
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:10:21 +0900
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: IPv6 DNS bridging system: lookup proxy

>One of the things that this requirement draft highlights is the need for a
>bridging
>system. After many discussions with Johan Ihren and Akira Kato,
>I'm convinced that something like a lookup proxy is needed to bridge
>from IPv6 to IPv4.
>I have published a draft that outline a _possible_ solution:
>http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-durand-dns-proxy-00.txt.
>
>I would like to bring this draft to DNS-OPS and/or DNS-ext as a
>contribution for discussion.

	section 6, "anycast issues" says that it is prohibited to use an
	anycast address source address (from RFC2460).  however,
	section 3.3 describes the use of TCP with the anycast prefix
	(P::a.b.c.d).  these sections are inconsistent at best (TCP cannot
	be established without using P::a.b.c.d as source).

itojun

Home | Date list | Subject list