To: Måns Nilsson <mansaxel@nic-se.se>
Cc: dnsop@cafax.se
From: James Raftery <james-dnsop@domainregistry.ie>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 12:45:01 +0000
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Bogus nic.fr behavior

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 01:06:54PM +0100, Måns Nilsson wrote:
> All good considerations. But if you automate testing, how do you discren
> between the master and slave?

Why do you need to? TCP is required for AXFR, but AXFR isn't required.
If I choose not to use AXFR to replicate my zone data then I don't need
TCP and you don't need to know which server is master or slave for your
tests.

FWIW, the .IE delegation checker doesn't look for TCP service.

Regards,

james
--
James Raftery (JBR54)
  "It's somewhere in the Red Hat district"  --  A network engineer's

Home | Date list | Subject list