To: dnsop@cafax.se
From: "D. J. Bernstein" <djb@cr.yp.to>
Date: 26 Feb 2000 05:12:14 -0000
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: Re: latest Internet Domain Survey

David R. Conrad writes:
> Of course, I'm not sure it is particularly useful if there are many
> people all running "big" surveys.

Of course, it's hardly a surprise that you'd say that, since you're
charging thousands of dollars for each copy of your survey output.

> you may get faster response if submit bug reports to bind-bugs@isc.org.

What good would that do? People have been complaining for years about
BIND's fragility. Your latest so-called ``production'' release dies
under heavy load, just like the first version of BIND did.

I'd rather give people a solution that works.

---Dan

Home | Date list | Subject list