To: hardie@equinix.com
Cc: mohta@necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp, liman@sunet.se, dnsop@cafax.se
From: Masataka Ohta <mohta@necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 99 11:21:27 JST
Subject: Re: Single Origin (Re: Order in the working-group!)

Hardie;

> > I'm now having an impression that you are talking about a set
> > of default resolvers sharing a single unicast address locally
> > in a single organization, which is already covered by:
> >
> > 	draft-catalone-rockell-hadns-00.txt
> >
> > Do you understand the difference between the root servers and
> > local resolvers?
>
> Yes.  Thank you again for your continuing concern.

Then, I can't understand how your proposal makes sense.

> > Anyway, your proposal does not make the shared address have a single
> > origin, which is an Internet-wide issue.
>
> Yes, it does.  That's the point of section 1.5.  Is it possible that
> this passage has confused you?

You wrote:

  To those peers, the organization announces a route to the
  network containing the shared-unicast address of the root name
  server.

which means multiple organizations, each of which having its own
AS numbers, are the multiple origins of the shared address.

That there is consistent routing in an organization does not
mean a single address have a single origin.

							Masataka Ohta

Home | Date list | Subject list