To: "'Derek Atkins'" <warlord@MIT.EDU>, Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Cc: Olaf Kolkman <olaf@ripe.net>, bmanning@vacation.karoshi.com, dnssec@cafax.se, keydist@cafax.se
From: "Loomis, Rip" <GILBERT.R.LOOMIS@saic.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 13:31:38 -0500
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: RE: workshop?

> > >  *      BIND 9.3.snapshot-0722  (the last public release)
> >
> > seem to have missed this. my latest is bind-9.3.0s20020618.tar.gz
> >
> > ptr pls
>
> I found it at:
>   ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind9/snapshots/bind-9.3.0s20020722.tar.gz
>
> Although I admit I'm surprised that this is "so old" considering
> 9.2.2rc1 is dated 8/9/02..  No releases for 4 months?

There was a "private" snapshot release dated 2002-10-04 that some
folks were running at the ARIN-sponsored DNSSEC workshop back on
07/08 October in Chantilly VA.  Those of us present there saw some real
issues in the 20020722 snapshot which are fixed in the later private
snapshot, and I mentioned this to Bill in private e-mail.  His
response indicated that he wanted to stick to what was publically
available and officially released.

Any chance that someone at ISC could make that private snapshot
officially available, or perhaps a laterer version if there is
one?  (I suspect that several folks have copies of the 20021004 code,
but no one feels that they have release authority...and some of
the reluctance to release may be based on the fact that all the
DS code is based on still-moving documents-nearing-standards
and no one is sure what bugs are added/removed/altered.)

--
Rip Loomis                         Senior Systems Security Engineer
SAIC Secure Business Solutions Group         www.saic.com/securebiz

Home | Date list | Subject list