To: "Loomis, Rip" <GILBERT.R.LOOMIS@saic.com>
Cc: "'Derek Atkins'" <warlord@MIT.EDU>, Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>, Olaf Kolkman <olaf@ripe.net>, bmanning@vacation.karoshi.com, dnssec@cafax.se, keydist@cafax.se
From: Mark.Andrews@isc.org
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 07:00:03 +1100
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: Re: workshop?

> > > seem to have missed this. my latest is bind-9.3.0s20020618.tar.gz
> > >
> > > ptr pls
> >
> > I found it at:
> >   ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind9/snapshots/bind-9.3.0s20020722.tar.gz
> >
> > Although I admit I'm surprised that this is "so old" considering
> > 9.2.2rc1 is dated 8/9/02..  No releases for 4 months?
>
> There was a "private" snapshot release dated 2002-10-04 that some
> folks were running at the ARIN-sponsored DNSSEC workshop back on
> 07/08 October in Chantilly VA.  Those of us present there saw some real
> issues in the 20020722 snapshot which are fixed in the later private
> snapshot, and I mentioned this to Bill in private e-mail.  His
> response indicated that he wanted to stick to what was publically
> available and officially released.
>
> Any chance that someone at ISC could make that private snapshot
> officially available, or perhaps a laterer version if there is
> one?  (I suspect that several folks have copies of the 20021004 code,
> but no one feels that they have release authority...and some of
> the reluctance to release may be based on the fact that all the
> DS code is based on still-moving documents-nearing-standards
> and no one is sure what bugs are added/removed/altered.)
>
> --
> Rip Loomis                         Senior Systems Security Engineer
> SAIC Secure Business Solutions Group         www.saic.com/securebiz
> Center for Information Security Technology   www.cist-east.saic.com

	I was waiting for a code review of at least the DNSSEC related
	fixes before making a new snapshot.  They were stalled by have
	been unjammed so I should have one before I leave for the airport
	(5 hours from now).

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews@isc.org

Home | Date list | Subject list