To: franck@sopac.org (Franck Martin)
Cc: keydist@cafax.se
From: Bill Manning <bmanning@isi.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:39:30 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Global PKI on DNS?

This idea has been around the block several times, to my knowledge.
First discussed it with John Gage, John Gilmore and others at the
Inet conference in KL.  Have some prototype documents laying about.
Will not be at INET. Will be in WDC the 17-19th.

% I have started this thread... Sorry people, I didn't know I will create
% so much passion on these lists... I propose that we meet next week at
% INET2002 in Washington to draft something. (www.isoc.org/inet2002/)
%
% I have heard the pros and cons of doing it with DNS and I'm well aware
% of them. We could discuss ad eternam of what to do, but I suppose now
% the best action is to write a draft informational RFC (informational
% only!) that proposes a possible methodology to provide a global PKI with
% DNS hooks.
%
% If this document exists then it can be read. examined and submitted to
% ICANN/IANA for possible implementation, but that's another story... What
% is important is that something exists and then see if people are
% willing...
%
% I'm sorry but I won't be at the IETF meeting, unless someone invite me
% (pay the trip) but I will be in INET2002 and some of you too... So let's
% meet there and discuss. We can get a room in INET for discussion.
%
% If some people agree, then I will put a notice on the board at INET.
%
% Cheers.
% Franck@sopac.org
%