To: EKR <ekr@rtfm.com>
cc: Key Distribution <keydist@cafax.se>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:27:00 -0400
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: Re: Global PKI on DNS?

    Eric> Nearly all of the major IETF security protocols (TLS, IPsec, OpenPGP)
    Eric> already have their own certificate discovery mechanism and therefore

  I guess I'm ignorant of them.

  Your email MTA, seems to be 198.144.203.251. I want to send you an IPsec
secured ping, where do I look for your key?

  If email MTA supported STARTTLS, where would I look to get a copy of the
certificate, other than inside the protocol?

  OpenPGP?

marajade-[~] mcr 1032 %finger ekr@rtfm.com
finger: No address associated with hostname: rtfm.com

  So I'm batting 0/3 for even knowing what these protocols are. Please
educate me.