To: keydist@cafax.se
Cc: lewis@tislabs.com
From: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:20:40 -0500
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: Is this something to solve

I'd like to collect scenarios of things we would want to solve.  E.g.:

====
In SSH, I have a host at my home institution named "beagle."  When I go to
the IETF, I carry beagle's SSH host key configured in my client.  But while
I am away, beagle crashes and is down for some time.  But since my home
institution uses NIS, I could log into "retriever" with the same name and
password and still get to my home directory.  The problem is that I don't
have retriever's SSH host key configured because I didn't cover my bases in
the event of a crash on beagle.

How do I make SSH's "trust" robust in the light of beagle's crash?
====

Does this sound like a rational example?

Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: lewis@tislabs.com

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.

Home | Date list | Subject list