To: keydist@cafax.se
Cc: lewis@tislabs.com
From: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:16:12 -0500
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: looking for draft volunteers

One of the ingredients for a BOF is a set of drafts discussing issues and
solutions.

I think that a draft summarizing the arguements on being exhibited on the
"From whence we came" thread would be important document.  This might be
part of a document that covers the limitations of DNS (and perhaps the
advantages) in supporting application keys.

We also could use a terminology document/section.  What is an "application"
key?  (As was pointed out, IPsec isn't an application.)  Perhaps we need to
choose a non-DNS centric term.  It would be nice to have a neatly specified
term for "CA", certificate, public key, etc.

It would be good to have documents focusing on particular protocols and how
they individually "place trust", "use trust", and how they distribute keys.

I would like to see if some folks want to start in on these documents
beside airing thoughts in email.  I could see the first document above
being co-authored by people with different viewpoints.  The point here
isn't argue, but to present pros and cons of each approach.

Edward Lewis                                                NAI Labs
Phone: +1 443-259-2352                      Email: lewis@tislabs.com

Opinions expressed are property of my evil twin, not my employer.

Home | Date list | Subject list