To: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc: Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com>, keydist@cafax.se
From: Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU>
Date: 04 Jan 2002 11:12:03 -0500
Delivery-Date: Fri Jan 4 17:12:08 2002
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: Re: What are we trying to do?

Randy Bush <randy@psg.com> writes:

> > My opinion is that we are trying to provide a common means for
> > applications to distribute public keys amongst elements scattered
> > across the (inter)network.
>
> a noble and useful goal.  in the ietf, this is usually in the security
> area.

Right, and the last time the security area went off and designed
something for DNS, we got 2535.  Look at how well that worked ;)

This really needs to be a cross-disciplinary WG.  The fact that it's
based in the DNS "area" means we might actually get DNS expertise
involved in the discussion sooner, rather than later.

> randy

-derek