To: keydist@cafax.se
From: Wes Griffin <wgriffin@tislabs.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 10:07:54 -0500
Sender: owner-keydist@cafax.se
Subject: Re: What are we trying to do?

* Edward Lewis <lewis@tislabs.com> [12/27/01 14:30]:
> What is the goal of this effort?

So I haven't been reading any email for a week, and am just now catching
up. Let me first say that I'm not a core developer on any SSH project, I
just happen to be hacking on the fringe of one of them. That said, I
would like to be able to have my client automatically retrieve and
verify the keys of my servers. Verifying is easy right now, as long as I
keep my local host key cache updated with all of my servers. Retrieving
is not easy right now. Other than wanting a simple API to accomplish
this, I'm not overly concerned how it happens, except that I want it to
be secure.

As Ed has said, he and I started this thinking DNS was the right way to
go, but now we're unsure.

--
Wes Griffin                                                     NAI Labs
wgriffin at tislabs.com                                     443.259.2388

Home | Date list | Subject list