To: Edward Lewis <Ed.Lewis@neustar.biz>
cc: "Bernie Hoeneisen" <bernie@ietf.hoeneisen.ch>, "Alexey Melnikov" <alexey.melnikov@isode.com>, "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, EPP Provreg <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>, iesg@ietf.org
From: Jaap Akkerhuis <jaap@nlnetlabs.nl>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 11:11:11 +0100
Comments: In-reply-to Edward Lewis <Ed.Lewis@neustar.biz> message dated "Mon, 01 Feb 2010 10:11:26 -0500."
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] RE: Last Call: draft-gould-rfc4310bis (Domain Name System(DNS) Security Extensions Mapping for the Extensible ProvisioningProtocol

    >Even when provreg was a working group the same mailing list, hosted in
    >the same place, was used for group discussion.  An explicit decision was
    >made to keep the list open for ongoing discussion after the working
    >group was closed.  Nothing has changed in terms of the agreed-upon place
    >for ongoing work discussion.
    >
    >All individual submission work that happened after the group closed was
    >done in complete accordance with IETF procedures, with appropriate
    >public announcements, using the agreed-upon mailing list.  Responsible
    >"stakeholders" have a responsibility to stay involved, Bernie.  I know I
    >can't have done any more to let people know what's been going on.

    Having once been one of the co-chairs of Provreg I want to try to
    explain the situation.  Both Bernie and Scott are right, but that
    doesn't mean there isn't a gap.

As the other ex-co-chair I don't have a lot to add to Ed's comments.
I too do see some momentum growing to revive work on EPP in the
IETF.

The ietf-provreg mail list itself is as official as non-WG lists
come. It is listed on the non-WG ietf mail lists pages and I have
maintained it since the closing of the WG, occasionally adapting
it to requests of the secretariat. Currently there are 242 subscribers
to the list (and several hundred spam messages a day).

	jaap