To: Andrew Sullivan <ajs@shinkuro.com>, EPP Provreg <ietf-provreg@cafax.se>
From: James Gould <jgould@verisign.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:25:51 -0500
Sender: owner-ietf-provreg@cafax.se
Subject: Re: [ietf-provreg] Revision of 4310

Title: Re: [ietf-provreg] Revision of 4310
Andrew,

You not saying  that the DS is active or not active, but that the associated DNSKEY in the child zone exists.  The term active is really misleading and certainly should not be used in this case.  Your proposing that the client tell the server whether they’ve published their DNSKEY for validation based on server policy?  I guess based on this something like childKeyActive is more appropriate since this is not an attribute of the DS.  I still have a concern about the interface that needs to be used to change the attribute ( secDNS:add and secDNS:rem the same DS or key with a new childKeyActive setting or using the secDNS:chg to replace all).  I don’t want to rework the interface to add this optional attribute, so will the existing interface work for this additional attribute?

--

JG

James F. Gould
Principal Software Engineer
VeriSign Naming Services
jgould@verisign.com
Direct: 703.948.3271
Mobile: 703.628.7063

21345 Ridgetop Circle
LS2-2-1
Dulles, VA 20166

Notice to Recipient:
This e-mail contains confidential, proprietary and/or Registry  Sensitive information intended solely for the recipient and, thus may not be  retransmitted, reproduced or disclosed without the prior written consent of  VeriSign Naming and Directory Services.  If you have received  this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender immediately by  telephone or reply e-mail and destroy the original message without making a  copy.  Thank you.